So many social media venues, so little time!
What is working on which social media venues?
Where are my potential customers hanging out?
How can I create a digital image footprint so people will want to follow me?
Today, September 27, 2013 all these questions were answered by a 5 star panel of business owners and social media consultants on a google+ Hangout On Air that you can watch now via youtube. If you are not familiar with google+ this should immediately go on your to do list if you are serious about social media.
The very knowledgable and diverse group of small business owners and social media consultants discussing what is working in social media and what they think the future holds were as follows:
1. +Valentina Cirasola San Francisco, California and Italy
Valentina Interiors and Design
“Italian Luxury for Comfortable Living” Offering design consultations on-line.
Author of Design books and cook books from Italy.
- TAKE AWAY TIP: Keep track of your time with social media and with clients. Create a plan and set an actual timer and stick to the plan. Each social media platform is unique be careful about what you are sharing and why.
2. +Luis Galarza Leominster, Massachusetts
Galarza’s Internet Marketing Services
Marketing consultant, Web Designer, Lead Generation, Social Media, Mobile Apps, Mobile Marketing, Google Places, SEO, Video Production, Video Marketing
- TAKE AWAY TIP: Content is KING! Constantly be creating unique and different content. Don’t do what everyone else does. Be creative and different.
3. +Joeann Fossland Tucson, Arizona
Need a coach? Support for the frazzled, unfocused & time challenged! My vision is to ignite joy, creativity & love! I can help you relax & produce remarkable results! Purple Sage Realty, Tucson, AZ
- TAKE AWAY TIP: Define your perfect client and determine where they hangout then be specific in your posts. Create a plan with a schedule and know where you are going to post and why. 90% of your posting should be relationship building not selling!
4. +Katie Katz Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
+Bernard Katz Glass features hand blown art glass by Bernard Katz. Bernard Katz alongside his wife Katie Katz co-design high quality art glass for art galleries, trade design and private collections worldwide.
- TAKE AWAY TIP: Don’t shout buy, buy, buy. Social media is a party and a two way street make new friends. When posting your photos be sure to use keywords to drive the search engines back to you.
5. +Ken Cook Atlanta,Georgia
Digital Content Creator | Blog Content | Web Articles | SEO Research | Video | Audio | Graphics
Ken writes accurate and timely articles, optimize existing content for search engines, create videos (YouTube), perform competitive research to determine who your search competitors are and how you can compete with them and win, work with you on predictive content creation based on seasonal and market trends, provide in-depth analysis of your website and your competitors.
Listen live to Social Media Edge Radio every Tuesday at 9AM Pacific
- TAKE AWAY TIP: Content is key and giving is so important in building relationships. Great concepts to think about:
- APE Asses Plan Education
- FUR Frequent Unique Relevant
- Think from a transactional level don’t shout out what your selling.
6. +Shelley Roth Houston, Texas
Social Media Navigator | Trainer | Consultant | Speaker | Author www.shelleyroth.com
Brings passion, energy and creative thinking to businesses with the goal of directly impacting companies bottom line and corporate identity.
Since 1999, Springboard has been helping businesses create and implement ways to grow sales.
- TAKE AWAY TIP: Give to Grow. Work from a principle of abundance not scarcity. Give, give, give.
7. +Alex McClure From Phoenix, Arizona
Olympus Visionary Trail Blazer and COMMERCIAL Photographer
- TAKE AWAY TIP: Understand each social media venue and adapt what you say and how you share to the specific site you are posting on. Don’t use the same language on twitter as facebook or google+.
8. +Carra Riley Williams, Arizona “Gateway to the Grand Canyon”
Small business consultant and developer of the NEW World wide photographer directory +Photo Tour Global Directory™ where the consumer can connect and research their own Global Personal Photographer™.
PTGD is a website with names and contact information of creative photographers worldwide who are willing to create custom photography experiences for global travelers AND small businesses who need help with their digital imagery.
- TAKE AWAY TIP: Your about or profile pages are the key to success for anyone determining if they want to circle, like or follow you. All venues should have a profile completely filled out with links back to every social media venue you participate in. Introduce people to each other on your stream. You know who is there for business so open the door to a new connection when they come to visit you. SHARING content is the highest compliment you can give anyone so share valuable content on your streams to your followers.
If social media has you feeling like you are in a bear trap you need to get some help! Invest some time and money into some workshops or personal consulting to help determine who your perfect client is and where they are hanging out.
Big business is driving the eyeballs to social media on Reality shows, football games, discounts and the news. If you are not on the train you will be left at the stations so getting a handle on all the social media venues and which ones will work for you should be a priority to survive in today’s market. Check out Snapchat and see how an image shared in 8 seconds that disappears is the future and it is here. Digital images and video are where the the consumers are migrating to. You need to improve your photography skills or connect with a photography that can get you where you need to go to stay in business.
Social Media is here to stay so don’t let it frustrate you. Learn how to navigate the Cosmic Cow Pies™ of cyber space and win the game. The face may change in the platforms but the venues will migrate as technology advances and you need to be there. With the right help you can learn social media in s short amount of time but you have to invest the time and the money to adapt.