Learn how to add text to photos to share on social media using a Mac computer!
6 easy steps will make you look like a marketing genius by adding your own custom text to graphics that you create with your own camera shots.
Create unique photo posts that include your branding and your inspirational message to share on facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Tumblr, Google+ and more!
Use the same process to add custom text on stock photos provided you are NOT violating copyright rules when using them. Tina Red Johnson, a Web marking consultant and social media manager, shares some important copyright information on the Photo Tour Global Directory™ blog that could be helpful to read before using an image that you did not shoot or create.
CAUTION… be sure to read the Copyright regulations prior to ever customizing someone else’s photo whether it is free or you paid for it!
Have some fun with photos expressing a message that is unique to you by adding text to a simple photo. Below is a background shot taken by aiming the camera at some flowers that had sun shining on them and leaving the camera out of focus only showing the mix of colors. Click to shoot and upload the image to the computer for some colorful background photos to customize with an inspiring message!
6 Easy step to add text to photos:
1. Open the photo on your Mac computer in Preview. You will see the preview bar at the top with “file, edit, view, tools”
2. On the top Preview tool bar go to Tools tab then drop down to Annotate and click on Add Text for a box to open on your photo.
3. Go to text box on the screen and put the cursor in the box. Then go up to the tool bar again and click on “Tools” going down to “Show Fonts.” so you can select the font type, color and size you want to use in the newly formed text box.
4. A Font box will show up on the screen so you can select the font type, color and size you want to use in the newly formed text box. Select the color from the box that has the T and green color box. When you click on the color box you can select the color you want to use on your text. You will also select the size of the font and typeface all on the same page before typing in the text box.
5. Type in the message in the text box that shows up as fine lines with circle grab spots on the text box that will allow you to enlarge the text area to cover what you want.
6. Final step… save your work! Go to the Save As on the drop down menu under the “File” tap at the top. Be sure to use “Save As” so you keep your base image free of changes and can use it over and over again. Label your work with a title you will remember. If you want to add your company website at the bottom of the photo it is another way to brand your message.
Use this link for the flower shoot free photos posted above. You can download and personalize with your own text for marketing. The free photos are not to be used for other commercial products, only marketing and social media posting campaigns.
Get over 200 free SEASONAL stock photos when you subscribe to the Photo Tour Global Directory™ newsletter. Each month you will get photography and travel tips along with information on global workshops being offered and 10 new seasonal stock photos for you to use in your marketing.
It’s 6 easy steps to add text to photos to share on social media using a Mac computer. Please come and share a link in the comments any of your work using this technique and the free photos so we can re-share for you too!Pin It